Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Interpretation of Ombre

  So it's been over a month since my last blog update, the month of June was so busy it literally went by in the blink of an eye for me. I spent a week at the Vidal Sassoon Academy in Toronto. I took a precision haircutting class it was absolutely amazing, and I am looking forward to taking more classes there in the future. The rest of the month of June was super busy at work, I've been working on a few blog posts but I just haven't had time to sit down and finish... until now.


  You may remember Candice from a few months back, we originally planned to make her blonde over time however she had been travelling so much for work that she couldn't find the time to maintain the colour. With a solid blonde you need to maintain it and you can't go longer than 2 months without a retouch. We still wanted to make her mostly blonde, but with a little less maintenance so we decided to go with the Ombre trend.


Before




   I actually did foils as well as Balayage hilights on Candice. Balayage is a freehand hilighting technique that has really started making a comeback . It gives it a more subtle look than with foils, and you can literally place the hilights wherever you desire.  I foiled her hair up to the crown, and once I got to the crown I did the balayage technique.











   I still wanted to give it a multidimensional look so I used two blonde shades, and as I moved up the head I gradually omitted the lighter blonde. Golden blondes are really hot this summer so I kept the colour warm. Now Candice is blonde without having to worry about having terrible roots in a month. 
We took a few inches off her length, reshaped it and added a few more layers for some movement. I styled it with Goldwell Kerasilk Instant Silk Fluid to to keep her hair moisturized, soft and protect it from the heat. She was going to a party & I used my Bombshell Curling Iron to give her some loose waves. 

All ready for the party
.

No comments:

Post a Comment