Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year New 'Do

What a year 2011 has been. It felt like it has come and gone so fast. November and December are the busiest months of the year. I have my latest product review coming early 2012 & lots more in the New Year. The holidays are always a time that we change things including our hair. Here's a little makeover I did on a co-worker of mine. 

Celina is a stylist in training and her hair has always been long. She has experimented more with colour than with her hair cuts. After going darker in the fall she still felt like she needed a change. It's a little dried out as well from flat ironing often. Giving it a good cut is the best way to really get rid of all the split ends, and the first step to having healthy hair. 


As you can see the ends are a little dry and her cut has lost its shape. She has a good face shape & facial structure and a shorter cut will really help accentuate her facial features. She wanted something fun that she can really play around with. Something versatile that will look good curly or straight. 

I didn't want to change her colour too much so I just did a semi-permanent chocolate glaze over it to give it some more richness and shine. She has pretty thick hair and as I mentioned earlier it is slightly wavy. We decided on an asymmetrical layered bob with graduation in the back. The layers and graduation will remove bulk and prevent it from looking like a triangle.


I gave her a slightly angled side bang so she could have some versatility and also wear it straight across. The shorter hair really makes her cheekbones pop. She can wear it super smooth and also textured and wavy. 

Short side, long side & back. The graduation in the back removes bulk & allows thick hair to sit nicely  

This is a great cut for almost any hair type. It can be adapted to suit almost anybody. The beauty of it is that it's a short cut but with some length in the front. If you're thinking of going really short this is a great way to ease into it without shocking yourself too much. It also looks fantastic on curly hair. The shortness in the back makes the back shrink up more and gives you the look of a more extreme angle. 



I'd also like to thank all of my viewers in this past year. I promised that I would update more in 2011, and I promise to do even more in 2012. I have a lot of plans for this blog and lots of more great content will be coming soon. I hope you all have a fantastic New Years and an amazing start to 2012. 



No comments:

Post a Comment